Financial Education Week (FEW) is an independent, not-for-profit national initiative, jointly set up by Association of International Wealth Management of India (AIWMI) & National Institute of Securities Markets (NISM) to promote the importance of financial literacy.
The core idea behind the Financial Education Week is to educate Indians on how they can take simple steps to improve their finances and create wealth. Financial Education Week will be held annually in January. In 2018, it will run from 22nd January 2018 to 26th January 2018.
Financial Education Week will include:
- A call to action for all Indians to take the next step towards a better financial health.
- A National Award program to recognise outstanding achievements in financial literacy.
- Promotion of money management concepts, programs, tools and resources.
- A range of special activities and events in colleges, workplaces and the community.
Financial Education Week will engage:
- More than 5000 volunteers from among NISM Resource Persons, CFPs, CAs, CCRAs, CFAs, Academicians and Financial Services Professionals.
- More than 100 institutions from among Government departments, PSUs, Trade bodies, Media houses, Academic institutions and Professional membership groups as supporting partners.
Financial Education Week will reach out to:
- More than 100,000 retail investors & private clients across more than 50 cities.
AIWMI & NISM propose to organize Financial Education Week annually as part of their efforts to reaffirm and reemphasize the role of financial education in developing the country’s economic and social structure.
The Financial Education Week is expected to bring together the Union & State Governments, Financial Market Regulators, Financial Institutions & the Financial Services Community to shine a spotlight on the issues of financial education. This week is expected to carry forward the exemplary work on financial inclusion & literacy, started by the honourable Union Government with initiatives like the Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojna (PMJDY).
With an objective to undertake massive financial education campaign to help people manage money more effectively and to achieve financial well being Financial Education Week will be organized in close association with all financial sector regulators i.e. Reserve Bank of India (RBI), Securities Exchange Board of India (SEBI), Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA), Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) and Forward Market Commission (FMC) and shall work under the guidance of Financial Stability & Development Council (FSDC)